Once you’ve zoomed past the stage of launching and are finally getting some decent traffic to your blog you are going to wonder how you can now get these readers to interact with you. The key is going to be in building a community on your blog. Making your readers feel as if they are a part of a community will not only keep them coming back, but they will interact with you, follow you, and there are some you may even get to know better.
Here are a few tips on how to do it:
1. Encourage your readers to participate- never underestimate the power of telling people what to do next. Invite them to leave a comment, ask them to join your email list. Always make sure to provide some sort of “call to action” on each blog post, landing pageeverything’s’. You want the reader to know what action to take, if any, after they’ve read the blog post.
2. Continue the conversation on your social media platforms- if you don’t have a forum or membership on your blog where members can interact, getting your readers to interact with you on your social networks will be invaluable. In this case you will need to ask them to join you on Facebook or follow you on Twitter. You can make that your call to action on every blog post. And if have not already here’s my call of action to join me on Facebook and Twitter!
3. Talk directly to your readers whenever you get the chance- answer the comments! It is your chance to call your reader by name and make a personal connection, don’t pass it up!! Create a newsletter to keep your readers up to date on what’s going on. Ask questions and give your readers a chance to respond.
4. Invite your readers to ask questions- and then respond. Create a video segment where you dedicate it to answering your reader’s questions. Once again giving yourself another chance speak directly to your readers. The more personal you can address your readers, the better community you can build.
5. Give them a chance to contribute on your blog- have a contest where the winner gets to be featured on your blog. Start a community blog, invite them to be a part and contribute.
I hope these help! If you enjoyed these tips and find them helpful why don’t you share them and spread the word? Tell me what you think in the comments below! How have you used these tips to create community on your blog? What other strategies have you tried that have worked?